Sunday, November 22, 2009

Morning Walking


 We have had the most cold and rainy week!  Usually I love the rain here, and I find the thunder and noisy downpours really delightful.  But this week it also brought cold temperatures that were surprising.  It felt like we were back to winter, when we should be beginning summer.  Still, the rain makes everything even more beautiful and it is hard to complain about that.  We walk in the mornings with 3 other couples and this week we had to keep to the parking terrace of the Killarney Mall across the street.  We circled that place for an hour each morning!  Hopefully we can get back out on the sidewalks beginning tomorrow.  During  the months of October and November, our exercising took us out among the blooming Jacaranda trees and it was so enjoyable.  Here we are one morning tossing the blossoms into the air. Sister Wells, Sister Butler, Sister Noll, and Sister Forsgren.  The blossoms are at last fading and green leaves are filling out the trees, but I’m surely grateful to have experienced two Jacaranda seasons in Africa.

1 comment:

Carin said...

Nothing like a brisk morning walk. (Seeing you in short sleeves made me chuckle. I'm always more comfortable in cool weather than my fellow Las Vegans.) Reminds me of summertime and Jordan Ave. somehow.