Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baptism Day at Temibisa

It seems I only blog about Primary these days although there have been several trips and interesting experiences since my last posting that I just haven't been able to get to. But today really was special and I wanted to share. Two of my primary children were baptized and it was such a special occasion. Last week in primary the little girl, Katleho, invited me to give a talk at her baptism the next week. I was so excited and I was very honored because this is our first Primary baptism since we have been attending Tembisa. I later learned that her brother, Mpho, was also to be baptised that day. These two are such great children. I found with talking to the missionaries during the week that they are not really sibling, but cousins. Katleho lives with Mpho and his mother. Also I learned that Mpho is 12 and Katleho is 11 so it was considered a convert baptism. The missionaries have been teaching them and I knew nothing about it.

I knew it would be a hectic day because I would have primary to myself again (But Elder Wells came in to help me, thankfully) and I needed to give out the parts for the primary program. Since we are never sure who will be at primary, I had to change some of the names on the parts I had written and give them to the children who were there today. It was a crazy time sorting it all out. In the meantime I had Elder Wells taking a picture of each child holding a name tag so that I can keep trying to learn their names and connect them with those beautiful faces. (Pronouncing the names is another story!)

I baked all morning Saturday to make refreshments and spent the rest of the day preparing the visuals for the talk on Baptism that I would give. During Primary I asked the children to stay if they could and sing a baptism song during the service and they were willing. It was such fun to have a part in making this a good day for Mpho and Katleho and to have the other chldren be a part of it all. Here are a few who were having a cookie after the baptism.

Here are Katleho, Mpho, and their mother. So beautiful! It really was a lovely experience and I'm so glad to have been a part of this important occasion!

2 comments:

jayne wells said...

Wow, how wonderful, and what an honor to be asked to speak. They love you much I can tell. I'm so proud of you for taking over primary. That is such hard work! What will they do when you leave??

Stefanie said...

Mom,
this is just the way you do life:

You anticipate, you stew, your work to get it all right, then you go for it with full faith that you'll be the instrument He knows you can be.

I love you.