Sunday, April 26, 2009

Washing the Car

We are very fortunate to have this good man, Simon, wash our car every week.


When he has finished and wiped it all down he puts up the windshield wipers to let us know the job was done. We don’t ask for this service but we are happy to pay for it. At the end of the month he comes by the flat to be paid. It works out to about $2 per wash.

One morning we came out to go to the office and he was in the process of doing this task so as we waited and watched I snapped his picture. No hoses or spraying down here -- just a bucket and rags.




There are lots of puddles in the parking garage in the mornings due to the car washing of good fellows like Simon and Isaiah and others who work in the building as guards and wash cars for tenants during their off hours. Don't you wish you had a Simon in your garage?

1 comment:

Carin said...

Yes, I think I'd take a Simon in the garage. My Simon mostly makes messes in the car and out. Still, he doesn't charge me $2. I think you've got a pretty good thing going.